Monday 27 October 2014

Week 3- day 11

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful autumnal day. Then why do I feel so fed up?? Just looking out the window should lend itself to a wealth of ideas, yet today I have none. It's that Monday feeling again, and its not just affecting my work mood, but also my creativity. Nothing has inspired me so far, so despite not having much work to do, I haven't managed to fill the time with any writing either. Managed to read during lunch, in my normal spot, used the time to just think and lose myself in another world, one I think I would much rather be in today. Still not that many ideas, but already planning to try and work on my story later, so that's got to be a small positive at least, that I'm thinking about it! So as I feel that I don't have a lot to say today, instead I want to share a poem that reflects on how I'm feeling. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.....

Writers Block

Just staring at the blank page or into space ahead
Not knowing where to start, doing other things instead
Feeling  a strong need to just write down
The words in my head keep running around
So easily distracted, either by TV or book
Putting pen to paper, the last place to look
Hating the days when I hit that wall
Feeling useless, no inspiration at all
No creativity flowing through my veins
Nobody to assist me, take the reins
Body wound up and tensed right through
Emotions raging, don’t know what to do.
Waiting for the ideas to come or flow
Listening for snippets of conversation to make me go
Shutting off my mind from the world that surrounds
Focusing on the creativity to get off the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment