Friday 24 October 2014

End of week 2!

' Nothing wrong with having a dream, sometimes they even come true'

A good quote from a person close to me, thank you for spurring me on! Started the day well with more ideas on what to include in 'Write Away' column. The more I've thought about the idea, the more excited I am to be included (if I'm good enough). I've already drafted my first idea and looking forward to feedback from my fellow writers (who already write for the column) to see if its along the right lines, I hope so. It will be another avenue for my writing, allowing me to learn to write to a deadline and a specific word count as well as maybe finding and honing my 'voice'.
When I decided I wanted to explore creative writing I never envisaged that a year or so on, I would have done the courses that I've done and joined a writers group, let alone expanded on my writing. I just thought poetry was my thing, but now I've started a handful of short stories, a blog and considered contributing to a regular newspaper column and even been 'published' in our anthology! Just goes to show that anything can happen if you put your mind to it, and when I'm having a bad day, feeling like I've hit a wall, I need to remember how far I've already come.
Writing makes me happy. I feel like I have some kind of purpose. I'm not sure why I didn't think about it earlier. I suppose we all dream to be this fantastic writer someday ( and I will keep on dreaming and hoping), but unless you unlock that creativity, and let the pen hit the paper, its not going to happen. I'm so happy that I unleashed my dragon, and hope that it continues to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment