Tuesday 28 October 2014

Day 12

Isn't it annoying and frustrating when the words come at the wrong time? After a whole day of nothing, the evening was spent working on my story, and a good amount despite the mood earlier in the day. At least I achieved what I wanted, that's the main thing. And then, as I'm attempting to go to bed, the ideas are whirring round in my mind, no settling down to sleep until its all scribbled down. But I suppose that's what being a writer is all about and inspiration really can come at any time (night or day), however inconvenient that may be!
So from last night, the good 'mood' has continued into today. I received feedback on my column piece, all positive and made the suggested changes, and now I'm on the rota! It's official, I am now a contributor to the Leighton Buzzard Observer 'Write Away' column and I couldn't be more excited to see my first piece in a few weeks time, in a printed paper! I'm excited too, to be able to add something else to my achievements so far in writing. They may not mean much to anyone else, but its all important to me, in allowing me to continue to expand and explore my writing voice. I'm determined today to spend my time more wisely, if not much work to do, writing it is, as plenty to be working on!
Saw a good quote on my way out for lunch:

' If you don't believe in yourself, no-one else will'

So true! The more I've believed in my writing, the more positive feedback I've received and it keeps me going on the not so good days. Having something, however small, published, either in the paper or in the anthology makes everything feel so much more real, does that mean I can start calling myself a writer now?

No comments:

Post a Comment