Monday 20 October 2014

Day 6- start of week 2!

Monday comes around far too quickly and I'm back at work. No blogging or much writing ( a few scribbles only) over the weekend, too busy enjoying the time off! But it does mean that I feel a bit uninspired today, work and house issues taking over. Even the car journey (on my own today) didn't help, not sure I was awake enough! Its taken my lunch break to (literally) blow the cobwebs away, and after a blustery walk to wake me up, I felt ready to immerse myself into the world of writing. Funnily enough, even found inspiration for a poem from the worries that I had, really shows that ideas can come from the most unlikely sources!
I bought a selection of books, CD's and a DVD on Saturday, so lots of new material from which to grasp ideas. There's nothing quite like the feel and smell of a new book, I'm excited every time to open to the first page and begin reading. Who knows, maybe one day someone will feel like that about something I've written. Even with the take over of technology (kindles, e-books etc), people are still buying hard copies of  books from the high street and online, and I think that's a testament of how important they are to both readers and writers alike. I personally don't have any kind of iPad/ kindle/ tablet and it really doesn't bother me if people think I'm still stuck in the past, I will still pack one or two novels to take on holiday! Like I said, I believe you don't get the same feeling on a e-reader that you do with a 'real' book.
My mind feels awake now and going into overdrive with ideas and I'm already thinking about the writing I want to do when I get home, how I want my latest story to go, and I only hope that keeps me going through the rest of the afternoon at work, and lasts until I get home and can get to work and put some of the thought process onto paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment