Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 2 and still going!

I could feel the creativity and words flowing in my head even as I got up, raring to go and get writing. I'm excited if a little wary of my blog now that I've actually started it, but it's got to be a positive right, if I wake up and already want to be writing??
My notebook is quickly running out of spare pages as I continue to fill it out with all my scribbles, ideas and beginnings of stories and poems, whatever comes into my head really. I always have my notebook with me, whether at work, or out shopping, you never know when an idea will come and if not written down, will be lost. Unfortunately I seem to get quite a few ideas when I'm driving on my own, so have to keep reminding myself of what I'm thinking until I get the chance, stuck in traffic or at a red light, to quickly get it down! This morning a poem came into my mind whilst I was trying to dry my hair, so had to keep stopping for fear the lines would disappear! You can't control inspiration...
Already had some positive comments about my blog, which has boosted the confidence and spurred me to carry on with my ramblings. Anything that gets my brain and pencil working at the start of the day has to be a good thing.
I could feel the creativity ebbing away the closer I got to work as I knew reality would take over as soon as I opened the door to the office. I spend too much time worrying about doing things right, getting too involved in the work I'm given, going beyond what I should be doing. I need to learn to step back and believe that I have done my part of the process to the best I can, now its someone else's turn.
This realization helped me to calm down and now as I sit in my own little place on campus, I can feel the words and ideas creeping back and I'm excited to see what else inspires me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment