Thursday 23 October 2014

Day 9

All I seem to have done this morning is stare at my computer or out the window and procrastinate. I know I said about doing my own thing alongside work, but don't seem to have achieved anything of either so far. Feeling a bit flat and wound up for no reason, so will attempt to turn it into something more positive, writing it down! Already by putting pen to paper I can feel some of the tension easing slightly. The strange headache  mentioned is still there, almost like my head is too full, emotions and words unable to escape and flow easily. Or maybe it is some kind of seasonal thing, I know the change in weather and seasons can affect people in different ways, the dark mornings and damp and cold weather have certainly affected my mood over the last couple of weeks. I seem to spend a lot of time on the go, trying to fit everything in, like I said, sometimes work just gets in the way, but unfortunately it is a necessity! Coffee was needed to wake me up and then once I'd started one thing, I felt somewhat better and able to concentrate a little better. Relaxing music through the headphones has also been a factor!
Something else that has helped today, and I should maybe think more about each day is faith. Recently I feel I'm trying to take it more seriously, instead of for granted as it's always been a part of my life. Its become clearer, helped me to focus and take time out in order to unburden and clear my mind. In that respect I feel its very much like writing, and so not only do I have faith in my life and myself, I also believe in my writing. A bit deep, but something I needed to share. And so in the words of the book I'm reading by Mitch Albom, 'have a little faith', it can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment