Wednesday 15 October 2014

Day 3

The dark mornings always make it much harder to get up for work. I still feel like its the middle of the night. Words are not flowing as early today, so my brain obviously took longer to wake up. I felt good yesterday as I started two poems, it always amazes me once the pen hits the paper, what comes out of it, sometimes you don't even realise what's floating around in your mind until you start to write, and the dragon is unleashed. Looking back over the last year, I know this is what's happened to me and I have my sister to thank for that. I found I wanted to write, but didn't know how and where to start. So taking heed from what she'd done, I started a course. It was a creative writing module, which I was able to do through work. Although it showed me that I wanted to write for myself and not be 'marked' academically for it ( I chose not to do any further modules), it did what I wanted and that is to get me writing. Since then I've done a fiction writing course online and joined a local writers group, which is one of the best decisions I have ever made, and I haven't looked back since! Every two weeks I get to be around like minded people, sharing and talking about our writing. Just recently I've found out that pieces I submitted for the next anthology have been chosen, so extremely excited to be 'published' for the first time!!
Spent the journey in this morning, as well as my lunch break just taking the time to notice things around me properly, listening to the words on the CD we were listening to. It's not that I didn't want to talk, but it felt good to just sit back and take it all in, letting ideas come alive in my mind. The notebook is rapidly filling up with ideas and quotes, need to start putting more into projects now!

No comments:

Post a Comment