Monday 24 November 2014

Week 7- day 31!

'Write your first draft with your heart. Rewrite with your head'- Finding Forrester

' The greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make'- Truman Capote

' Write the kind of story you would like to read' Meg Cabot

' Starting a novel is opening a door on a misty landscape; you can still see very little, but you can smell the earth and feel the wind blowing'- Iris Murdoch

It's been a long weekend of singing and rehearsing but the concert is now done and I felt very proud of what we achieved as a choir. Now onto the next thing... As the weekend was so busy, I've had little time (or energy) to sit down and do any writing, so looking forward to seeing what this week brings, starting today!

Despite all my wonderful and inspiring quotes, not a great start to the week, so feeling a little downhearted. I was very distracted first thing this morning, trying to get some things sorted out, so didn't even really have time to work on the blog for today (otherwise I wouldn't have done any work at all), I had great plans for when I got home, but again, got caught up in things and feeling tired after the weekend, so sadly those plans did not materialise tonight, and no real enthusiasm either. I will instead, have to content myself with just a bit of research (reading another novel and a book about the area), in the hope that some positive notes and ideas come out of them. I can then start again tomorrow, feeling a bit more refreshed and with hopefully time to myself, with nothing else to worry over!

I could beat myself up over the lack of writing today, but that won't help anything. I had a really positive week last week, so will focus on that to build myself back up. Life has well and truly taken over today and I've not made any space for anything else. Still it's only Monday....

No comments:

Post a Comment