Wednesday 5 November 2014

Day 18

'Its amazing what you can become if you just get out of your own way'

I'm loving using Pinterest!! Its full of amazing quotes and helpful tips and in general, just help to get me going,but getting very pin happy at the moment! Still, a wonderful way to share ideas and find new things, I think I'm starting to become a little obsessed!

Had a lovely evening last night at the launch of our new Writers Group Anthology. I finally have my own printed copy and to see my name in black and white, it was quite a special moment. I felt proud to be amongst the other members of our group/ contributors and feel I had done something good, towards  remembering those who have gone before us. All my close family and two special friends were able to be there to support both my sister and I, and I'm so grateful for that. Although, I don't think they'll ever know how much. If it hadn't been for my sister, I would have never joined the writer's group, so she has a lot to answer for! Along the whole journey so far as a writer, I wouldn't have succeeded if it hadn't  been for the support of my family and friends, and that's the most important thing when you're starting out, on any new venture.

Today has been spent in a meeting (all day) so no time to do any writing at all, but back to feeling I at least have a purpose at work (struggling the last couple of weeks), and have contributed to something important. So a positive overall, so generally inspired! Will definitely be making more time to fit it all in tomorrow though....

' A little magic can take you a long way' Roald Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment