Thursday 13 November 2014

Day 24

'Keep a notebook. If only for the sake of getting out of your own head'

Sometimes I feel like I have too much going round in my mind, causing my head to hurt, like its too full. But then it's a struggle to get down everything in some kind of order, that makes sense. I suppose the fun is coming back to the scribbles to try and understand what you were thinking at the time, recapture the enthusiasm.

'No-one can stop you from being a writer. All you have to do is write, and keep writing' -Katherine Neville

' Just write everyday of your life. Read intensely. Then see what happens.'- Ray Bradbury

I love this statement!! And it is something I'm definitely trying to follow at the moment. At least by doing my blog each day I'm writing something, but is it at the expense of writing other things? I just wish I had more time, and the space in my mind, to shut out everything else, the general busyness and noise of life and really re-focus. That's what I find the hardest, and then I just hit a wall of blank. No inspiration comes, not even by losing myself in a book, and then the fear creeps in. But I am the only one stopping myself, so I just need to keep writing, and as quoted above, see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment