Wednesday 12 November 2014

Day 23

'Every writer I know has trouble with writing'- Joseph Heller

Nice to know you are not alone! On those days when all you can do is stare at what you have started, with no idea what to do next, sometimes you need to take a step back and remember what sparked the idea in the first place. Unless you are a professional writer/author and are used to writing (or having to write) a certain amount of words a day, even just an idea or a line is a start. I would love to be able to know what you have to do to be able to write thousands  of words each day, where all that inspiration comes from, but maybe it ends up just being habit after a while. Something to definitely aspire to!

'You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream'- CS Lewis

Something that has been on my mind a lot lately, especially since work has been frustrating me so much. I recently applied for another position in the hope that it will provide me with the extra challenges and experience that I'm missing in my current role. Just waiting to see if I've been shortlisted now, so keeping my fingers crossed. One day I would love to earn money from doing something that I love (writing!!), but for now I will have to be realistic and wait my turn. But that's not to say that I won't be working hard on things in the meantime. Still struggling to get the balance right and find enough time to do all that I want, especially during the week, the diary is quickly filling up! Hopefully after Christmas, some things will quieten down (outside of work) and I can plan my time more. But for today, I will try and keep my mind open, gaining inspiration where I can ( and fitting in the scribbling in between work) and maybe even a few spare minutes just to read....

'Reading gives us a place to go when we have to stay where we are'

No comments:

Post a Comment