Friday 14 November 2014

Day 25- end of week 5!

' I write only because there is a voice within me that will not still'- Sylvia Plath

' You can, you should, and if you're brave enough to start, you will'- Stephen King

I will use that mantra to spur me on to actually get some writing done over the weekend, as I finally have some time to myself (with nothing planned) and I can't wait. I've spent a lot of time recently being very distracted, both work wise and writing wise so don't feel I've got much done over all. I always seem to have an excuse (I'm only human after all) and write on here how I'm going to do things, so time to stop talking and start doing!! I think I will feel much better overall if I was more focused at work, and then I could really utilise the time I have to myself.

'I find that I write the best .... when I'm supposed to be doing something else'

I've been spending work time on Pinterest, collecting ideas, quotes and using them to start off each blog , but then scribbling and typing up the blog each day, also during work time, which then makes me feel guilty at the end of the day. I know that if I was completely enjoying my role, I would probably be less distracted ( well, I would at least hope!). Until that day comes where I get to write full time and get paid for it (I can keep dreaming) I almost need to get my head out if the clouds a bit and change my way of thinking. If I'm being negative, then things don't tend to happen, and the same goes for my writing. I have wondered if doing the blog on a daily basis is too much- I'm focusing on getting that done and leave no time for anything else- and sometimes I don't feel that I have much to say. Another option is to share my rambling thoughts some days, and on others, look at doing reviews of books/ sharing pieces of writing in order to vary things- think I'm almost starting to bore myself a bit and that's the trouble, if that happens, writing will become a chore and not something I enjoy doing. So I will experiment for a bit and see what happens!

Off to Brighton for the day tomorrow, so hoping that brings lots of inspiration, as long as I let it flow! Looking forward to taking some proper time out on Sunday to really look at things and see where they take me. The Christmas holidays are not too far away now, and with the university being shut for a few days, the ideal opportunity to really get my teeth into things, free my mind. Life's too short to keep making excuses!

'A writer who waits for ideal conditions under which to work will die without putting a word on paper'

No comments:

Post a Comment