Tuesday 18 November 2014

Day 27

'There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly, sometimes its like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges' -Ernest Hemingway

A constructive evening last night of more writing on the story, with still so much to discover and ideas to get down. I'm excited to see where it goes. Because I felt so positive and that I'd achieved what I wanted, I went to the extra choir practice that had been put on (I wasn't going to go if I hadn't done what I felt I needed to do) and went over a piece we were struggling on, which went well overall, so the positive vibe has carried on, thankfully!
Already this morning I can feel the enthusiasm bubbling under the surface, raring to get going on more writing. I just hope that the morning of work doesn't dampen it to much, that I feel just as excited to carry on when lunchtime comes and I actually get the chance to do what I want.

' Be positive, be patient, be persistent.'

A good mantra to remember, especially when you feel that everything else is getting in the way of your writing. It was a hard morning and I was unsure whether I would have the energy to separate myself from work. But just by making sure I got some fresh air and a change of scenery, I have managed to glean back some of my enthusiasm from earlier. And it's just what I needed to make me feel better. Whatever happens, work or personal wise, I need to turn it around to my advantage, and use it in my writing.

Look at the blank pages before you with courage'

Starting a new story or project can be a daunting experience, especially when all that stares back at you is a haze of white. But once you let your pen touch the paper, the words will flow and you won't even realise that you had so much to say. I'm not even bothered (in some way) if no-one reads my blog everyday, as long as I have said what I wanted and achieved my own goal of writing everyday. If I can inspire someone else with my words in the future, then that's an added bonus! Now to get back to the story....

' I write to find out what I didn't know I knew'- Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment