Friday 7 November 2014

End of week 4!

'You can't use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have'- Maya Angelou

' If it's still in your mind, it is worth taking the risk'

The day did end on a (mostly) positive note yesterday, and again, that has carried on into today. Work has picked up a bit which helps, but still taking a bit of time to get going first thing in the morning once I'm in the office.

The inspiration did start flowing when I got up (much like yesterday) and had an idea for my next column piece (based on when I think it will be published) so started to scribble a bit of that whilst it was still in my mind. Trouble is, that then meant we left a few minutes later than planned and the traffic being as bad as it is at the moment, made us a bit late for work! Still, I got here and am doing what I'm paid for. Unfortunately,by the time I get to work, the inspiration has dried up a bit and I have my 'work' head on.

'Take time to do what makes your soul happy'

I know that's writing for me. I'm happiest when the creativity is flowing and I'm lost in my imagination.(same goes for reading a book) The  feeling when you've created a piece of writing is amazing, even if its just for yourself, rather than a deadline/ competition for someone else to read. I suppose that I try and read quite a few of my poems (and short stories, when I've finished them) at Writers group, so I still have an audience. The feedback I receive is always constructive and positive, spurring me on to do more.... So will see what the weekend brings, making sure I have time to both read and write, to escape to a literary world.....


'When I've had too much reality, I open a book...'



No comments:

Post a Comment