Thursday 7 April 2016

Rediscovering the love of writing


Determined to stick to my goal of writing each day, it has been interesting to see where it has taken me. Since the start of the year, I’m pleased to say that so far I have stuck to my goal and hope to continue to do so. By giving myself small projects to focus on, such as writing competitions and the Lent challenge, I’m not only writing, but I’ve picked up my novel again, which is very exciting. After the initial spark and hurried scribbling, I felt it had petered off and I had become stuck. So I did what I thought was best and put to one side, instead concentrating on other projects. Along the way I’ve been thinking a lot about my novel and to help me, I’ve decided to go back to basics. First, creating a visual board of notes and pictures and then relooking at what I’d already done- editing parts and making notes along the way. Although I’ve yet to sit down and actually carry on from where I left off, I feel like I’ve come a long way and am amazed at how much it’s evolved from my original idea. I have a lot to work on and look forward to. So it just goes to show that by sticking to my small goal of a little each day, I’ve rediscovered my love of writing and my novel and I can’t wait to get going each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment