Wednesday 21 October 2015

A creative space?

I'm starting to realise that how I am as a person and the surroundings I create for myself could be the reason my writing is the way it is. I seem to somehow lack some personality and creative flow and I believe that it's down to my nature of everything having to be just so.

I feel the time may have come to some changes and free something, in the hope that it will have a positive effect on my writing as a result. Take my bedroom/writing space as a first example. The walls aren't bare by any means. I have photos and pictures up as any normal person would, but everything is just too neat. I feel the need to be surrounded by pictures, postcards, anything that can inspire me and not just contained to one small noticeboard (as is the current situation).

Taking note of a friend's living room, it was filled with books, pictures and quirky furniture. I absolutely loved it. Now I know we are not all the same, and in no way am I trying to recreate someone else's home (firstly their home is older and has more character features than my new build) but it did highlight what my own space is lacking. And so onto the task of personalising and creating a more inspiring space with what I have.I just hope the OCD doesn't take over and tidy it all away again!

No comments:

Post a Comment